Wednesday, February 13

LUSH Sweet Lips Lip Scrub | Wonderful You Review


I am new to the LUSH bandwagon. I must admit, I'd never been overly intrigued to step inside a store due to the overpowering scent, and because of that I've not really been fussed about reading other bloggers posts about it. Sometimes I could really smack myself at how stubborn I am - because I finally stepped in and I'm so glad I did. 
My best friends mum had told me I had to visit - simply for the customer service in the store. The lady talked her through everything she wanted to know about the store and products without bombarding her (did you know everything is completely natural & organic? I expected it not to be with all the bright colours!). She helped her find exactly what she needed and then left her to it. Once she had finished shopping the store lady approached her again and said that every day, the staff were allowed to choose one shopper to give a free product to - and she wanted to give that product to her. How lovely is that? It wasn't a 'Oh, well you can only have this particular product' - no she got to pick whatever she wanted. If nothing else, I think you should pop in to receive a bit of the same. Is it just me or has customer service gone down the pan a little these days? 

When I popped in I was rushing around like a madman doing the Christmas shopping, so I didn't have enough time to stop and chat, but they were all super friendly (especially as it was Christmas eve, very very busy). I wanted to try one thing that my mum's friend had mentioned to me...their Lip Scrub. 

This isn't a 'brainy' product - what I mean by that is you could quite easily make something similar yourself. It's the brains behind it that I love.
This little pot of yummy has worked wonders for my dry, chapped lips. It's jam packed with castor sugar and jojoba oil to create an exfoliant for your lips that isn't too harsh but still moisturises. After one use it left mine flake free and supple enough to not even need a lip balm afterwards. If your a lipstick fan (like me) - this is the perfect product to carry around in your make up bag; whenever I want to reapply my lippy I use this beforehand and it takes all the dryness away that some lipsticks tend to leave in their colourful path!
Not only does the product leave my lips feeling awesome, you can EAT it. Yep you heard, because it's mainly sugar and no nasties you can just lick the excess product straight off your lips. I got mine in the flavour 'sweet lips' which is meant to be a chocolatey taste, I wouldn't say it tastes exactly like chocolate but it is very tasty! 
It's a hefty 25g of product, which is heaps in lip-care terms (so if you fancy eating a few finger-fulls it won't make too much of a dent ;)) and at £5.25 it's certainly worth the price tag given how long it will last.

I couldn't find mine on the website (I think it might be new?), but there's a few others here

Have you tried their lip scrubs? Or do you have a must-have product from LUSH? :) (not bath bombs, I don't like them!)

No comments:

Post a Comment